The last time I posted we were confused about having a PET vs. CT scan. The oncologist agreed to do a PET scan, although we had a long discussion about the merits of one vs the other and I felt better about her recommendation. The PET scan showed no growth in the tumors (whoopee!) and the CA19-9 has stayed stable. So the onc agreed to another extended chemo break. Emsnana had been at the breaking point again, and it was great to have the time to recover. The kids all came in for Christmas, so we had a wonderful time together. We will check the marker level in another week and decide when to begin chemo again. We also have submitted blood work for a BRCA2 gene marker test, since my wife has a cousin with the defect, and long-duration PC survivors often have that defect. Go figure.
Of course, life goes on. I have a bad heart, and I always expected to go first. I'm the one with all the life insurance! I have been ignoring that, but I have an aortic aneurism that I've been watching, and tomorrow I have to get a CT scan for that. If it's too big, I will have open-heart surgery soon. So pray that it hasn't increased in size! I know many of you have to handle cancer and other serious life issues as well. Cancer unfortunately doesn't put everything else on hold. I'm not worried about dying, but I promised my bride I would stick around for her. She's definitely earned it.
Sending hopes and dreams for you and Emsnana!
Love and hugs, Jean
Glad to hear that your bride is getting a break.
I know this is so very hard on you and on Emsnana. I look forward to the day when science meets up with genetics for prevention and cure.
Fingers crossed for both of you! Good luck on your own scan, Loren
XO Sue 💪🏽💜